Learning Choreography for Recital
By now your teachers are finishing up the choreography for your Recital dances. Don’t feel ready yet? That’s ok, you still have time!
The perfect opportunity to get a recording of you and your classmates performing the dance is once the choreography is finished. This will give you the time to watch it at home and practice, practice, practice!
Now is also a great time to ask your teacher to clarify a step or go over details that may have been missed during the choreography process. Do not be afraid to ask your teacher or fellow classmates questions!
Note: If you do not have a recording device do not hesitate to ask your teacher to record it for you and we will happily email the video to you.
Costume, Hair, and Makeup Prep
- Double check with your teacher and classmates everything you need for the performance before dress rehearsal.
- Bag and label all your hairpieces/other small accessories with your name and class. Please also label the inside of your costumes.
- Confirm with your teacher how your hair should be done. Practice your hairstyle and feel free to try wearing it that way to class so you can feel more comfortable.
- Don’t forget to purchase your skin-toned mask!
- Makeup should remain in neutral tones. For more tips on stage makeup refer to our “How to Apply Stage Makeup for Dancers” blog.
- Make a checklist for dress rehearsal and performance day so you don’t forget anything!
We hope these tips were helpful! If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask your teacher or the office.